Frequently Asked Questions | MORPHABOND ER™ (morphine sulfate)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MORPHABOND ER
How can I save on my MORPHABOND ER prescription?
MORPHABOND ER Savings Card
- Eligible commercially insured patients may pay as little as $10 on each MORPHABOND ER prescription*
*View the full Eligibility Criteria and Terms and Conditions.
Visit Savings and Support to see if you are eligible to participate and to download and print your MORPHABOND ER Savings Card.
What is MORPHABOND ER?
MORPHABOND ER ('môr-'fa-'bänd ē-r) extended-release tablets, CII is:
- A strong prescription pain medicine that contains an opioid (narcotic) that is used to manage pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term treatment with an opioid, when other pain treatments such as non-opioid pain medicines or immediate-release opioid medicines do not treat your pain well enough or you cannot tolerate them
- A long-acting (extended-release) opioid pain medicine that can put you at risk for overdose and death. Even if you take your dose correctly as prescribed, you are at risk for opioid addiction, abuse, and misuse that can lead to death
- Not for use to treat pain that is not around-the-clock
What is important information I should know about MORPHABOND ER?
Important Information about MORPHABOND ER:
- Get emergency help right away if you take too much MORPHABOND ER (overdose). When you first start taking MORPHABOND ER, when your dose is changed, or if you take too much (overdose), serious or life-threatening breathing problems that can lead to death may occur
- Taking MORPHABOND ER with other opioid medicines, benzodiazepines, alcohol, or other central nervous system depressants (including street drugs) can cause severe drowsiness, decreased awareness, breathing problems, coma, and death
- Never give anyone else your MORPHABOND ER. They could die from taking it. Store MORPHABOND ER securely, out of sight and reach of children, and in a location not accessible by others, including visitors to the home. Selling or giving away MORPHABOND ER is against the law
Who should not take MORPHABOND ER?
DO NOT take MORPHABOND ER if you have:
- Severe asthma, trouble breathing, or other lung problems
- A bowel blockage or have narrowing of the stomach or intestines
What should I tell my healthcare professional before taking MORPHABOND ER?
Before taking MORPHABOND ER, tell your healthcare professional if you have a history of:
- Head injury
- Liver, kidney, thyroid problems
- Problems urinating
- Pancreas or gallbladder problems
- Abuse of street or prescription drugs
- Alcohol addiction
- Mental health problems
Tell your healthcare professional if you are:
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Prolonged use of MORPHABOND ER during pregnancy can cause withdrawal symptoms in your newborn baby that could be life-threatening if not recognized and treated
- Breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment with MORPHABOND ER. It may harm your baby
- Taking prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements. Taking MORPHABOND ER with certain other medicines can cause serious side effects and could lead to death
What should I know when taking MORPHABOND ER?
When taking MORPHABOND ER:
- Do not change your dose. Take MORPHABOND ER exactly as prescribed by your healthcare professional. Use the lowest dose possible for the shortest time needed
- Take your prescribed dose every 8 or 12 hours, as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not take more than your prescribed dose. If you miss a dose, take your next dose at the usual time
- Swallow MORPHABOND ER whole. Do not cut, break, chew, crush, dissolve, snort, or inject MORPHABOND ER because this may cause you to overdose and die
- Call your healthcare professional if the dose you are taking does not control your pain
- Do not stop taking MORPHABOND ER without talking to your healthcare professional
- Dispose of expired, unwanted, or unused MORPHABOND ER by promptly flushing down the toilet, if a drug take-back option is not readily available. Visit www.fda.gov/drugdisposal for additional information on disposal of unused medications
What should I avoid doing while taking MORPHABOND ER?
While taking MORPHABOND ER DO NOT:
- Drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how MORPHABOND ER affects you. MORPHABOND ER can make you sleepy, dizzy, or lightheaded
- Drink alcohol or use prescription or over-the-counter medicines that contain alcohol. Using products containing alcohol during treatment with MORPHABOND ER may cause you to overdose and die
What are possible side effects of MORPHABOND ER?
Possible MORPHABOND side effects are:
- Abdominal pain
Get emergency medical help if you have:
- Trouble breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Fast heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Swelling of your face, tongue, or throat
- Extreme drowsiness
- Lightheadedness when changing positions
- Feeling faint
- High body temperature
- Trouble walking
- Stiff muscles
- Mental changes, such as confusion
These are not all the possible side effects of MORPHABOND ER. Call your healthcare professional for medical advice about side effects.